Picking up the November 2007 issue of Travel and Leisure, I enjoyed the article on NYC. A few tidbits:
– In April, the mayor announced PlaNYC that would cut the city’s greenhouse gas emissions by 30% .
– Plant on million trees.
– put a park within a 10 minute walk of every inhabitant in the city.
The article rattles off a few stats that caught my attention:
– only 5 percent NY’ers commute into Manhattan by car.
– Average NY’er CO2 output is less than a third of the national average (not sure how this is?)
– a pair of LEED certified hotels are on the way